Livestreamed, Wednesday 21st October 2020
CyberSciBar: Learning Through Game Play
News and Articles
- Pain, Pain, Go Away: Treating Chronic PainPain is all in the head. Joe Parsons explores the challenges of finding effective treatments for sufferers of chronic pain.
- Off the Well-Trodden Trail: Viruses, Biotech and Extreme EnvironmentsKaty Cornish & Ehmke Pohl go searching for viruses in extreme environments.
- If life is a game of cards…What can card magic and coin flips tell us about free will? Sarah de Launey explores determinism.
- Biohacking – Genetic Engineering Comes HomeMight synthetic biology have the potential to reshape our world as much as computers have? Microbiologist John Allan believes so.
- Synthetic Biology, Parkinson’s Disease, iGEM and UsBy the time Parkinson’s Disease is diagnosed, it’s already caused devastation to the brain. Can we diagnose it earlier using synthetic biology?
What is Palace of Science?
Palace of science is a non-profit, volunteer-run organisation hosting fun and fascinating science-themed events in and around the North East of England.