What is Palace of Science?
Palace of science is a non-profit, volunteer-run organisation hosting fun and fascinating science-themed events in and around the North East of England.
Palace of Science CIC, registered in England and Wales, company number 12562411.
- Pain, Pain, Go Away: Treating Chronic PainPain is all in the head. Joe Parsons explores the challenges of finding effective treatments for sufferers of chronic pain.
- Off the Well-Trodden Trail: Viruses, Biotech and Extreme EnvironmentsKaty Cornish & Ehmke Pohl go searching for viruses in extreme environments.
- If life is a game of cards…What can card magic and coin flips tell us about free will? Sarah de Launey explores determinism.
- Biohacking – Genetic Engineering Comes HomeMight synthetic biology have the potential to reshape our world as much as computers have? Microbiologist John Allan believes so.
- Synthetic Biology, Parkinson’s Disease, iGEM and UsBy the time Parkinson’s Disease is diagnosed, it’s already caused devastation to the brain. Can we diagnose it earlier using synthetic biology?