- Pain, Pain, Go Away: Treating Chronic Pain
Pain is all in the head. Joe Parsons explores the challenges of finding effective treatments for sufferers of chronic pain.
- Off the Well-Trodden Trail: Viruses, Biotech and Extreme Environments
Katy Cornish & Ehmke Pohl go searching for viruses in extreme environments.
- If life is a game of cards…
What can card magic and coin flips tell us about free will? Sarah de Launey explores determinism.
- Biohacking – Genetic Engineering Comes Home
Might synthetic biology have the potential to reshape our world as much as computers have? Microbiologist John Allan believes so.
- Synthetic Biology, Parkinson’s Disease, iGEM and Us
By the time Parkinson’s Disease is diagnosed, it’s already caused devastation to the brain. Can we diagnose it earlier using synthetic biology?